Happening right now.
24 hours after we first showed you a mass shooting in Maine, the FBI right now has surrounded the home of the trained gunman as the manhunt intensifies. Now. Police have not said if 40-year-old Robert’s card is inside his home. As she mentioned, they have that home surrounded, let’s look back at what we’ve learned so far.
Federal state and local officials
spent the entire day Thursday searching for 40-year-old Robert Card of Bod in Maine. Police say the mass shooting event started around 7 p.m. Wednesday when card shot up a bowling alley in the nearby bar in Lewiston, Maine. Maine’s second-largest city is about 30 miles north of Portland. He killed at least 18 people and injured 13 others. Cards, a White Subaru was found at a boat ramp around 10 p.m. Wednesday card, a firearms instructor and long-time member of the Army Reserve received psychiatric treatment over the summer after commanders became concerned over his mental state. Maine’s governor says they will not stop until they bring the card to justice. We cannot and we will not rest in this endeavor.
Maine Republican US, Senator Susan Collins called it the worst mass shooting in Maine’s history.
The state’s other senator, an independent is calling for a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, high-capacity magazines. That’s what enables a shooter in a case like this to just keep on shooting.
Recently released FBI crime data shows Maine ranked the safest state in the nation in terms of violent crime in 2022. According to state police last year, Maine recorded 29 murders. It’s why residents say they’re so shocked tonight. You see it everywhere else
but you never think it’s going to hit home. It’s scary. It’s got everybody nervous and President Biden ordered all flags to be flown at half-staff Thursday. Stay with isnewstime.com too for updates.
Maine manhunt update
Maine manhunt update, Maine manhunt update, Maine manhunt update,